What are you grateful for today?
For the past 5 years, I’ve written a daily gratitude list to a group of women over email.
Every. Single. Day.
Ok, well, every weekday and sometimes I miss a day or two, but still, it’s been a consistent practice. Over 5 years, that’s a lot of gratitude!
I’m sure you’ve heard that jotting out a gratitude list can have an impact on your life. Well, it’s true. I can tell you from experience that no matter how crappy I feel, how down in the dumps, writing just 10 things I’m grateful for (and it can be as huge as “I am grateful for my wonderful life” or mundane as “I’m grateful I still have all my teeth”) You get the picture.
In our quest for a healthy body, we cannot neglect a healthy mental state, too.
I’m typing this in my hotel room in Miami, staring out into the ocean. I’m grateful for the the peace the ocean brings me.
See, that was easy!
Here’s your mission, should you choose to accept it: Start a gratitude list.
Each morning (or evening), get a journal and write 10 things you are grateful for. That’s it. If you can go past 10, great…keep going. Just get in the habit of writing. Even better, try to get a group of friends together and start a gratitude group. The support you get from one another will astound you…and other people’s gratitude will make you feel that much more…grateful.
Here is my gratitude list for today:
1. I am grateful for the beautiful ocean view right now
2. I am grateful to be in Miami with the gorgeous weather
3. I am grateful for the massage and sugar scrub I got at the spa yesterday
4. I am grateful I am here with my MOm, and for the amazing relationship we have
5. I am grateful for the opportunity to be at this marketing/mindset conference, and for the a-ha moments I will have
6. I am grateful for gmail video chat with Matt last night
7. I am grateful I finished my project yesterday so I don’t have to worry about it while I am gone
8. I am grateful to be in the presence of strong women
9. I am grateful for the opportunity to do the Blog Talk Radio call with Joanne, and how much I enjoyed doing it
10. I am grateful for my beautifully charmed life.
See, that was easy!!! What are you grateful for today?